Top 10 Places to Travel
I’m happy to welcome author Vicki Batman. Today, Vicki will share her favorite cruise stops and a romantic short story from the anthology, Just You & Me.
I love to visit new places, especially on a cruise! No packing and repacking, someone cleans, someone cooks, someone takes you to nice places to visit.
I’d always wanted to go on a cruise and then my sister told me her hubby was taking her for a BIG birthday. I said I wished I could go. She called him up and he made the trip happen. Since, I’ve been addicted to this special way to travel.
1. Alaska – for the majesty of the mountains meeting the sea
2. Italy – duh, the food, and yes, there are great spots to see
3. Greece – sitting on a wall in Santorini on a glorious sunny day and people watching while having a gelato
4. Sardinia – swimming in the Mediterranean and good local food
5. Malta – their fireworks for our Fourth of July
6. Sicily – tomato everything
7. Gdansk – an absolutely charming Old Town and chocolate croissant
8. Stockholm – besides the ABBA Museum, Old Town and just walking around
9. Rhine River castle day – Castles here and there and everywhere. Sitting on the top deck and narration about the area while sipping a nice drink with snacks
10. Lucerne – one of the best towns ever. Surrounded by mountains, old town and shopping. Girl in a dress and heels riding a bike!
I’m fond of people watching and soaking in atmosphere. I don’t even do this enough at home!
Where do you like to travel?
I’m especially excited to share “Raving Beauty,” a romantic comedy short story from the Just You and Me boxed set:
A reluctant beauty contestant falls for the doctor treating her, only to discover the one she really loves has been right in front of her eyes the whole time.
“I can’t believe I let your loony brother, who’s tormented me all my life, talk me into this.” With my eye on the teenage competition, I tugged the leg opening of my swimsuit into place to better cover my hip. “Just because I did some modeling in college doesn’t make me a pageant diva. Back then, I was incredibly skinny, and clothes fit easily.”
“Daniel’s a rat. He took advantage of your third or was it your fourth margarita, Kelly?” Maggie Ackerman, my best friend and roommate, adjusted the scarlet satin sash draped across my body. Glittery stick-on letters spelled out Miss Yahoo! Ranch Steakhouse. “Hold still.”
With an old-fashioned teasing comb, she picked my brown hair into place at the crown of my head. The eerie suspicion I resembled a scary dame with Big Texas hair from the television show, Dallas, caused me to avoid looking in the mirror.
“Close your eyes.” She hit me with super freeze-it hairspray. “Now, that ain’t goin’ nowhere.”
My personal stylist needed to work on her aim, preferably with both of her eyes open. I spit-wiped the sticky spot on my right cheek. I hope nobody I know sees me like this.
“There.” The scrunch of her nose reflected how pleased she was with herself. “Feeling better?”
Like a slab of beef.
Pre-order Just You and Me
Where to find Vicki…