MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Authors Directory JuNe BJuNe B April 15, 2013
B4 the Dawn ( BUY It !!!! )
I will include the Foreword that I wrote for this book . . . JPC

Foreword

I am honored to write this foreword for Mr. Barefield. June is an unassuming, humble man and a very talented Poet and human being. I am going to be brutally honest and say that I ADORE his work. I cannot imagine a bigger fan than I. The poems in this book are a must read! I want to shout it to the world that the man is genius.

His work, some may find eclectic, I find it awakening my humanity, interesting, stimulating my senses and was sorry to read the last page, so I read the manuscript again. He is a modern day Jack Kerouac or Charles Bukowski, with his Beat Style Poetry and creative innovations in verse.

I am well aware that June is well read without him ever telling me, and he has not. Read his works and see for yourself. The man is as educated as anyone with a Master's Degree, with his penning a poem so tight that you fully get his vision. You will feel, hear, see, taste and smell his story. There is love, hate, rage, gentleness and always a respect for his God and Mother.

From these Urban streets you will get a clear view of how it really is. His descriptive verses take you there, and when he is angry, you are angry too! He also shines a light on socially conscious issues and is a very in your face poet, though as a friend, he is as gentle as a lamb, loyal and the kind of man that has your back. What can I say, I love June and all that he stands for. I am happy to call him Brother, for he is like a Brother to me and my new Favorite Author.

I urge each of you to buy this book, and take a walk with June, and to see the world through his eyes, the eyes of a true visionary. There is never a dull moment, or a lag in his story telling. You'll be inspired to get out there and do something to make this world a better place. Thank you June, and Congratulations!

Janet P. Caldwell

Author ~ Poet
Owner's reply June 23, 2013

Your welcome Janet & GOD BLESS ☆

Report this comment Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or