MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Young Adult November 03, 2016
Wow! The story just gets better
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat*** Okay. .. this series is not a trilogy - so be warned, but YAY the story continues! This third installment was a tense one, With food shortages and Careens messages via Peoplecam there is widespread civil unrest, and OCSD's hold on the situation is slipping under the leadership of Madalyn. But the Resistance is just as unorganised and Max causes their efforts to backfire with is so called plan to help... with its tragic outcome Tommy and Careen are blamed and Max is made out to be a hero! Careen ends up getting caught and she is in for a very rough ride, and Tommy finally has to grow up and accept responsibility for his actions - and sets off to help rescue Careen. The OCSD next plan in nationwide control of the people is the 'Cerberean Link', a device the OCSD will say is to protect. But is it? Being under constant surveilance by the OCSD to me sounds like being tagged and on house arrest to me! The Double agent Atari, designed the Link. But is he on the side of the resistance? or does he have his own agenda - we are yet to find out. So what did I think about this latest book in this series - It was a very good story that showed that being in the Resistance isn't as simple as it may first seem. The Characters are all at odds to what the next step should be, Mitch the Resistance leader seems to have a secret agenda too. At the end of this book, I learned that there are no black and whites, but constant shades of greys - will Tommy and Careen's blossoming relationship survive her capture? has she been broken beyond repair? These characters have tough decisions to make... What is the fate of the US Population - Being drugged into a submissive army may have been stalled for now, but all the kids being ' chipped' may just give the OCSD enough leverage that the adult population would submit to any demand to keep their offspring safe! I guess we will have to wait for the 4th book in the series to find out. - Thank goodness it's not too far off in the future!

By Kat Smith on November 29, 2016 ***
Link to original review: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2U072WQ2PD27F/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01H4DC0RQ

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or