MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

The Jewish Nazi by John Vocale
Alternative History June 30, 2020
Captivating from start to finish!!
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

The Jewish Nazi by John Vocale is an intriguing novel will which capture the reader from the very beginning. The protagonist is taken on a fascinating, shocking journey through time, and as a result, has to face deep and meaningful issues about who he is as a person, a father, a husband and about his cultural identity.

Benjamin, a doctor and family man, is living comfortably in the present day. However, he has a series of strange experiences that all relate to Germany in the 1930s. He is baffled by them and confides in his wife. Of course, she listens but isn’t able to help him. It is clear from this point that Benjamin is on his own, and whatever it is he has to face, he has to face it alone. As a reader I found this technique, along with the author’s skillful character development, interesting because I was drawn into Benjamin’s world, sharing his trials and tribulations on a personal level. As a result, this novel offers an experience unlike any other.

Waking up in the past with a new identity and purpose initially throws our hero, but he is smart and determined. He manages to survive and do some remarkably intriguing things. He is confronted by difficult choices and has to make important decisions not only about his own life, but that of many others. Should he change history and events or allow thousands of innocent people to suffer? What will happen if he does interfere? Will the gains made be more beneficial than those lost?

The subject of time travel is a mesmerizing one, and author John Vocale’s use of it in The Jewish Nazi is utterly original, thought-provoking and convincing. I found myself being completely enthralled by the shocking and profound events Benjamin experienced. Traveling back in time is an interesting topic, which in many books result in more amusing adventures. Not so with The Jewish Nazi. Imagine being taken back in time against your will and into a world of unimaginable horror?

The Jewish Nazi by John Vocale is a cleverly woven story that will hook you from the first page. Whether you are a fan of time travel or World War II history this novel will keep you captivated from start to finish. It is attention-grabbing and well-crafted and certainly gives the reader many things to think about and imagine. It’s the sort of novel that readers will want to read more than once and talk about with their friends and family. The Jewish Nazi by John Vocale is highly recommended by Artisan Book Reviews.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or