NP School and Beyond: Tips for the Student NP
Nursing is a noble calling, but the opportunities and options available can be confusing. One of the most lucrative and challenging professions are the various specialties within the Nurse Practitioner field. Did you know that the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts a 31% growth rate for the profession? Have you heard that the U.S. News and World Report ranks Nurse Practitioner as one of the top ten best jobs in America, and it's #5 in healthcare jobs? If you are already a nurse, but you want a more crucial role in patient care, could training as a Nurse Practitioner be your best decision? If so, what specialty would be your best choice?
By reading NP School and Beyond: Tips For The Student Nurse Practitioner you will learn:
• The eight most widely recognized NP specialties and what they do
• If you’re ready to take the next step by applying for NP school
• How your previous experiences can guide your specialty choice
• How your specialty choice can limit opportunities within your local area
• The differences between school programs and degrees
• What to do if you are not accepted to school on your first attempt
• How to balance priorities while pursuing your NP schooling, board certification, and licensure
• Valuable study tips to help you learn more in less time
• How to prepare for the certification exam even before completing school
• How to land that first NP job
• Career advancement after school and gaining prescriptive authority
• Credentials that support your status as a Nurse Practitioner
The Nurse Practitioner profession is exploding with new opportunities within medical treatment facilities, clinics, and private practice. It isn’t the only door open for highly skilled nursing professionals, but it is one of the most financially and personally rewarding. The requirements are set deliberately high, but this may be the best way you can invest in your career.