The Girl Who Could Read Hearts: A Family & The Power of Intuition
If you enjoy authors like CS Lewis, Doreen Virtue, Ann Voscamp, Lisa Wingate, Max Lucado, and Lorna Byrne, or books like The Alchemist, The Celestine Prophecy, The Handmaid's Tale, you'll be intrigued. This tantalizing novel percolates with subtle wisdom that can transform lives.
Kate Kindrick is born gifted with a 7th sense ─ the ability to read human hearts coupled with keen intuition. Kate struggles to understand her premonitions while surrounded by skeptical, sometimes cruel, family members and their secrets. "Phenomenal... "A breath of fresh, clean air..." "Intriguing characters" "... a page turner"
─ WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO, OR DON'T, LISTEN TO YOUR INTUITION, YOUR HEART? ─
Set in the San Francisco Bay Area and with startling twists, this mystical family storyline blends autobiographical fact and narrative fiction straight from the author's heart.
Full of spirit, it brims with inspiration, daring, hope, and the importance of following our dreams.
"This book is phenomenal. If you are someone who is intuitive, this is the book for you... I couldn't put this book down... one I will read again and again."
─ Anna Blackard, 5-stars, Amazon Reviewer
Inspired by a vivid dream with author's deceased sister shouting from a mountain top, this compelling story was born. The segments of this story that embrace death are drawn from Sherry's real-life experiences when she was present with beloved family members as they passed away. Her wondrous encounters of loved ones' spirits after their physical deaths are deeply engaging.
"Truly a page-turner, engaging the reader from the first page until the last."
─ Deborah Lloyd, 5-Stars, Readers' Favorite Reviewer, International Gold Medal
"This book weaves spiritual,mystical, and experiential themes into the most compelling family storyline ever..."
─ Dr. John Horn, Retired Superintendent, Mesquite ISD
- Gold Medal ─ 2017 Readers' Favorite International Award ─ Fiction, Christian
- 1st Place ─ 2018 The Paris Book Festival ─ Fiction, Spiritual
- 1st Place ─ 2018 The Great Northwest Book Festival ─ Fiction, Spiritual
- 1st Place ─ 2017 Texas Association of Authors Award ─ Fiction,Inspirational
- 1st Place ─ 2018 The Great Southeast Book Festival ─ Fiction, Spiritual
- Best Book ─ 2016 Pinnacle Book Achievement Award ─ Fiction,Inspirational
- Award Winner ─ 2018 The Great Southwest Book Festival ─ Fiction Spiritual
- Gold Medal ─ 2016 Beverly Hills Book Awards ─ Fiction,Religion
- Award Winner ─ 2016 London Book Festival ─ Fiction, Spiritual /Religious
- Finalist ─ 2017 Eric Hoffer Book Award ─ Fiction,Spiritual
- Award Winner ─ 2016 Great Midwest Book Festival ─ Fiction,Spiritual
- Finalist ─ 2017 Bookvana Life. Spirit. Knowledge. Award ─Fiction, Religious
- CIPA EVVY 2017 Award ─ Fiction, Spirituality / Religion
"A moving, memorable story that combines spiritual reflections with a myriad of social, political and personal conflicts... highly recommended, evocative read."
─ D. Donovan, Midwest Book Review
Whether you believe in the supernatural, existence of souls, miracles, the power of prayer, angels, heaven, or not, this thought-provoking book explores issues relevant to many of today's societal woes: prejudice, abuse, eating disorders, and limiting belief systems. It delves into the mysteries of death and of angels, intuition, finding God in all, and true love.
An accomplished author and motivational speaker, Sherry Maysonave has made multiple appearances on NBC’s Today, ABC, CBS, Fox, and NPR, and she has been featured in USA Today, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, and BusinessWeek. Previously, Sherry wrote the nonfiction best seller "Casual Power - How to Power Up Your Nonverbal Communication and Dress Down for Success" and the award-winning eBook "EggMania: Where’s the Egg in Exactly?".
Sherry and her husband, Stephen, reside in Austin, Texas.