MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Kurintor Nyusi
Fantasy March 16, 2018
"especially well written"
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

"I am a huge sci-fi and fantasy fan. I have been reading these two genres since I was a kid. Greek and Norse mythology, Arthurian legends, Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, comic books, classics, I read it all. So sometimes it's hard for me to get excited about new books or new writers in the genre. Some days I believe I’ve simply read too much in these genres, so it’s just too difficult to find a new writer, book, or series that can really excite me or surprise me. Well, that’s just some days. Then, on other days I read a book like Kurintor Nyusi by Aaron-Michael Hall. Suddenly, I’m excited by a new writer and I’m seeing new things in one of my favorite genres. This book is good. It will surprise you with the directions in which it veers off. The characters will leave you scratching your head at the choices they make, but most of all it will keep you reading because it is so entertaining. When describing an imaginary world with imaginary characters, the power of descriptive details cannot be over emphasized. This is an area where Aaron-Michael Hall excels. I felt I have been to this world. The place felt real to me and so did the characters. That was nice because as the personalities were revealed, you could see how this world, this environment, formed them and why they want what they want and act like they act. I thought the female characters were especially well written, especially considering the feudal society they lived in. The plot is good and reflects the environment and the power involved. Kurintor Nyusi is a well written fantasy novel and Aaron-Michael Hall is a writer to watch

Reviewed by Ray Simmons for Readers' Favorite
https://readersfavorite.com/book-review/kurintor-nyusi 

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or