MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Beautiful Deconstruction
General
October 16, 2017    
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

A beautiful book indeed.

A beautiful book indeed. I could literally smell the french lavender as I read. Enticing from the beginning you are transported into the lives of two people as they arrive in France and then sadly have to leave many years later. Its an emotional read. I won't spoil the emotional parts. But there is an awful lot of subtext beneath the words, one story describes the cutting down of trees by a French neighbour, the destruction of a sandcastle meaning the fort, the castle we all build around us which is slowly deconstructing with age, the loneliness of sitting up a bar in Paris watching, the continuation knowing that an ending is happening, the British stiff upper lip never cracking, and then at the end perhaps hope.

Mark has a unique way of treating his reader. You are falsely trapped into a world of loveliness and then, bang, amber light, the deconstruction begins. A beautiful book indeed.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

To write a comment please register or