MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Historical August 21, 2014
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

Quite honestly, it's been a long time since I enjoyed a book as much as this one. Mr. Fischer masterfully weaves the story of what occurs in a family and in the Bavarian countryside, post-WWII. I learned more about that time and place through this book than I ever did taking history classes. This should be required reading for every professor who is or intends to teach in that area of history. Greed, social issues, religion, and politics fuel the story as it deftly unfolds the relationship between members of a family and their ties to the land and the Black Eagle Inn. The characters are so believable and the plot is so compelling that the reader can't help but be transported to that time and place. I cannot recommend it highly enough. My only regret is that I've already read it. I've now read all three books in The Three Nations Trilogy and each one is excellent. Thank you, Mr. Fisher. With your books, I'm reminded once again of why I love to read!

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or