MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Historical August 21, 2014
A MOST COMPELLING AUTHOR!
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

The more I read by this author, the more I realize he is one of the most talented and best contemporary authors of our time. This is a beautifully written book. The characters, the settings, the prose, all invite one in to this time and place. He is a master at creating everyday life during turbulent times. These are times we've read about, but I would venture that most of us have never really understood the times beyond the headlines and history books. Mr. Fischer makes them come alive. I read his first book, The Luck of the Weissensteiners, and knew I had discovered an immensely talented author. Not only was I not disappointed when I read Sebastian, if anything it eclipses his first book. Now I'm compelled to read his third book in the Three Nations Trilogy, The Black Eagle Inn. But it's a compulsion I'm looking forward to! Thanks, Mr. Fischer for bringing the past alive so beautifully!

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or