MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Muffy & Valor: A True Story
Juvenile
September 14, 2017    
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

Funny and interactive

I received a review copy of this book and this is such a fine book to read to your children! I loved it so much and I do believe it is a very useful way to spend some time with the little one, while inspiring a love of books and animals. There is a strong moral angle to Muffy’s story and a quite real one, since this is a true event, as indicated by the author. While the illustrations help the child relate to the action, the final part where the author tells the real story is more for the adult reader and thus appealing to a different kind of audience as well. The beautiful images drawn by Brandon Rodriguez are very vivid and shiny in a sort of way. Since I read this book on a Kindle, my impressions about the format may not be as accurate. But I liked how the emotions were painted on the characters and the different variety of dogs included. I was not very fond of the way Valor’s wound was presented, maybe it could have been censored somehow, but this has not affected my rating at all. All in all, this is a very interactive book, with beautiful illustrations that will for sure catch the attention of children. Well, even I liked it, at my almost 30 years. Now I really wished I had a dog… 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

To write a comment please register or