MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Literary August 21, 2014
YOU'RE NOT ALONE IN THE STRUGGLE AGAINST ALZHEIMER'S
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

I'm not sure I've ever read a book quite like this. It tells the story of a woman's descent into the heart-wrenching world of Alzheimers. If a loved one of yours doesn't have this disease, chances are likely that someone you care deeply about will develop it. The effect on family members is momentous and each person deals with it differently.The characters, the plot, and the beauty of the language will stay with you long after you finish the book. I also thoroughly enjoyed the sub-plots of airline issues and New Ageism which are superbly presented in a very non-judgmental fashion. But then again, I've read the three books which make up The Three National Trilogy, and they are just as non-judgmental. He has an ability to simply present something, rather than feeling the need to judge it. An excellent trait in a writer! We all hope that it won't happen to a loved one of ours, but if it should, this book will be a comfort in knowing that you're not alone. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's a book you keep thinking about as each day the subject of Alzheimers is addressed in some media. I applaud the author for tackling a very difficult and personal subject and making a story that will become a "must-read" for all who deal with it.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 7 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or