MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Literary August 21, 2014
An excellent read
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

Having read Time To Let Go is rather like having swooped down on an ordinarily-dysfunctional family and experienced their lives for a while, and I was left with the sensation of having been an invisible companion walking alongside the characters. Anyone who can empathise with people hurtling through life in careers that are beyond their sell-by dates, or who has cared for relatives with some of the cruel afflictions that nature can throw at human beings will empathise with these folk, and recognise the slightly-out-of-their-control action as being reality. Lives crashing, lives lived "on hold" and lives lived with clenched teeth and determination - and yet at the end of the book I found myself released with emotions intact and positive. I'm fond of describing books as "a roller-coaster", but this one is more like a walk through a busy theme park, with action happening all around at its own pace and someone else taking all of the risks on the various rides while I had the luxury of just observing and enjoying vicariously. An excellent read.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or