MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Time To Let Go
Literary
August 21, 2014    
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

Thoughtfully Compassionate

“Time to Let Go” is a novel you will savor from the beginning to the end. Hanna, an attractive stewardess, now on the other side of forty has her own dilemma while dealing with her mother who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. After a horrifying incident while flying, she attempts to take refuge at her childhood home with Walter, her father, and Biddy, her ailing mother. This experience helps to reshape some of Hanna’s ideas about life, love, and relationships while prompting her to make decisions that will put her on another course. I genuinely enjoyed the way Mr. Fischer delved into the personal dynamics amongst Hanna, her parents, and her two brothers. The interchanges between Hanna and her parents may seem all too familiar to those in similar situations, and while there is ample comic relief coming from Biddy, it is tinged with the very real sadness of this condition. Karim, a supporting character, befriends Hanna and also plays a significant role in influencing the outcome of her personal journey. While most people have had an experience dealing with a person affected by Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, no matter how brief the encounter, there are those who have had to live with it on a daily basis. In this story, Hanna never regrets having rearranged her life to more fully include her family, even though in reality, this is not always the case. Compassion and understanding go a long way in any comparable scenario, and Christoph Fischer makes this point very well. This is a book that will tug at your heartstrings, and I highly recommend it. 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

To write a comment please register or