MEMBER LOGIN

DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

Register & Login HERE

Here at AUTHORSdB we've formed the only database of authors, including social media, book listings and much more, for today's mine-field of thousands of aspiring and established writers.

We are a dedicated website that helps authors for free.

Review Detail

Dead Medium
Occult & Supernatural
July 10, 2014    
Overall rating 

Is the book engaging / enticing? 

Can you relate to the characters and/or subject matter? 

Can you easily follow the scenes/chapters? Are they descriptive enough? 

Would you recommend this book? 

Excellent

"Dead Medium" by Peter John is an excellent novel based on the premise that the main character is dead and is trying her best to do some good from the other side. Our protagonist May chokes on a cake and finds herself in the afterlife, together with another ghost. Unseen and unheard by most they walk around their old environment and wonder what to make of their new existence. Together the two ghosts scheme to help a young woman in the real world. Much of the story is set in the circles of mediums and the author manages to give an amazingly accurate picture of these circles; the doubters, the kind of messages relayed and so on. As someone who has been to their fair share of seances I must say that this book does an excellent job at portraying these events. If mediums really speak to the dead than this is how I would imagine it to happen, too. However, this is a work of fiction and as such it works perfectly fine as just a great concept for this amazing story. I loved the two characters and their dynamics, their attempts to communicate and the goodness in May. The book seemed almost too short, I just had got used to the characters when it was over. This is a lovely book with a lot to like about it and I wonder what the author has up his sleeve for the next book. Very well done.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

To write a comment please register or